There’s nothing better than a classic restaurant-style burger. Skip the frozen patties and put in a little extra effort to make the patty yourself for the same delicious flavors of a restaurant at home! Every good burger needs a good sauce. We happen to use the most delicious, vegan and gluten free burger sauce: Simon’s Secret Sauce.
Follow along for a quick and easy 30 minute Classic Burger Recipe:
Burger Patty Ingredients:
2 teaspoons Simon’s Secret Sauce (regular or spicy)
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
1 lb medium ground beef
¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
Optional add-ins to try:
1 jalapeno, diced
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 small onion, finely grated
½ cup lettuce
1 tomato, sliced
4 dill pickles, sliced
4 burger buns
Burger Patty Recipe:
- In a large bowl mix together the egg, Simon’s Secret Sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt + pepper, ground beef and panko breadcrumbs until well combined. Separate into 4 patty shaped portions about 4 inches wide.
- On a super hot grill place your patties and close the lid. Cook for about 7 to 8 minutes until there is no longer any pink in the center, flipping the patties once in the process.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 30 seconds to 1 minute before serving.
- Lightly toast the buns cut side down on the grill for 20-30 seconds.
- Spread Simon’s secret sauce on both the top and bottom bun.
- Follow by placing your patty, followed by more secret sauce, the pickles, tomato, lettuce then finally the top bun.
Making it Cheesy:
Add cheese to the burger at the last minute on the grill to get the perfect melt. For this burger we recommend a nice slice of cheddar cheese, but you can use whatever you like!