- 2large eggs, well beaten
- ½cup chopped celery
- 1cup crushed Saltine crackers
- 3tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼teaspoon red hot pepper flakes
- 2teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2tablespoons finely chopped parsley sprigs
- ½cup finely chopped scallions
- ½teaspoon salt
- ¼teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1pound crab meat, lump preferred, shell and cartilage removed
- ½cup finely ground fresh bread crumbs
- ¼cup vegetable oil
In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, celery, saltines, mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay Seasoning, pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, scallions, salt and pepper, and blend well. Add the crab meat, folding it in lightly without breaking it up.
Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions. Shape them into hamburger-like patties. Dredge them lightly in the bread crumbs.
Heat approximately 2 tablespoons of the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Saute the crab cakes 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, using the remaining 2 tablespoons oil if necessary. Drain on paper towels immediately. Serve the crab cakes with Simon's Secret Sauce (any flavor).