for 8 servings
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Simon’s Secret Sauce
- Any Flavor
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- softened butter, for buns
- 8 brioche burger buns
- Mixed Slaw (sauce should be mixed in with slaw)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Swiss Cheese
- Bread & Butter pickles (sweet pickles)
- Make the buttermilk marinade: In a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Toss in the chicken thighs in the marinade to coat. Marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator, or overnight.
- Mix Simon’s Secret Sauce (any flavor) with the slaw and set aside
- Make the seasoned flour: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder. Dip the marinated chicken in the flour mixture until the chicken is completely covered.
- Heat the oil in a deep pot until it reaches 350˚F (180˚C). Do not fill more than halfway with oil. Carefully fry the chicken for 7 minutes, or until cooked through.