- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 package al fresco chicken sausage (optional)
- 1 dozen large hard-boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup Simon's Secret Sauce (Any flavor)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups canola oil, (this is just a suggested amount; fill your pan with enough oil to reach about halfway or so up the sides of the whites)
- Hard boil your eggs using your favorite method. (I use the Instant Pot: Add one cup of water then place the trivet on top. Place the eggs on the trivet. Manual, 5 minutes, NPR 5 minutes, then QPR. Run immediately under cold water and peel.)
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the diced al fresco sausage. Cook until lightly browned.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. In a medium bowl, mix together the yolks, Simon's Secret Sauce (any flavor), sour cream and salt until very smooth. Use a fork to vigorously break up the yolks if necessary.
- Dredge the whites in flour, then the egg (allow excess to drip off), then breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a large skillet. Fry the whites on both sides until golden brown, taking care not to overcrowd the pan. Drain on paper towels.
- Fill each fried white with a few pieces of sausage, then top with yolk mixture. (I like to use a piping bag, it makes them so pretty).