- 2 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 1 pound
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (or Simon's Truffle Salt)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Chick Piccata Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons capers rinse if you want
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon Simon's Secret Sauce (any flavor)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cornstarch use two for a thicker sauce
- To taste - Simon's Truffle Oil optional
- parsley optional garnish
- lemon slices or wedges optional garnish
Make the Chicken
Slice the chicken breasts in half if breasts are large and flatten to 1/2" thick. If the breasts are smaller, just flatten 4 small chicken breasts with a mallet until approximately 1/2" thick.
For the dredging mixture: combine flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and dried oregano. Stir to combine and set aside.
Dredge chicken in flour mixture and set aside.
Add olive oil and butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Let butter melt.
Cook chicken in the skillet until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes on each side over medium heat. The chicken should have an internal temperature of 165°F.
Make the Sauce
Remove chicken and add the rest of the ingredients (chicken broth, white wine, capers, lemon juice, lemon zest, Simon's Secret Sauce (any flavor), and cornstarch) to the skillet, whisking to combine. Simmer for just a few minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
Add the chicken back to the skillet and spoon sauce over top the chicken. Top with parsley if desired. Serve and enjoy.