Feeds 4 People
- 1/3 c. Simon's Secret Sauce (any flavor)
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 (6-oz.) cans tuna
- 1 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. finely chopped red onion
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices bread, such as sourdough
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 slices cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk together Simon's Secret Sauce (any flavor) and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Drain tuna then add to Secret Sauce mixture. Use a fork to break up tuna into flakes. Add celery, pickles, red onion, and parsley and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Butter one side of each bread slice. Top an unbuttered side with approximately 1/2 cup of tuna salad, 2 to 3 slices tomato, and 2 slices of cheese. Top with another slice of bread, buttered side facing up. Repeat with remaining ingredients and place on a large baking sheet. Bake until cheese is melty, 5 to 8 minutes.