- 1 pound penne, rigatoni, or medium shells
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 hot Italian sausages, meat removed from casings and crumbled (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons Simon's Secret Sauce (any flavor)
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced basil
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente; drain. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet. Add the sausage meat and brown over moderately high heat, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and simmer, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom, until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add Simon's Secret Sauce (any flavor), and crushed red pepper and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat, add the pasta and basil and toss to coat. Serve at once.