- 8 large eggs, cold
- 4 cups cold water, plus more for boiling
- 4 cups ice cubes
- ½ cup Simon's Secret Sauce (any flavor)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup celery, ¼" dice
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Boil the Eggs – In a large pot, add enough water to cover the eggs by 1-inch. Bring water to a low boil, around 200°F (93°C). Carefully place the eggs in the hot water, and boil for 30 seconds. Place the lid on the pot and reduce the heat to low. Cook on a low simmer for 12 minutes.
- Chill the Eggs – In a medium bowl, add 4 cups of water and ice to make an ice bath. Once the eggs are done cooking, immediately transfer them to the ice bath and chill for 15 minutes.
- Peel and Chop – Crack the shell and peel the cooled eggs. Use a chef’s knife to chop the hard-boiled eggs coarsely.
- Mix – In a medium bowl, combine chopped eggs, Simon's Secret Sauce (any flavor), lemon juice, celery, red onion, chives, salt, and pepper—season with salt and pepper to taste.