Simon's Sauteed Yellow Squash Recipe
- 3 yellow squash
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Fresh basil & thyme for garnish, optional
- 2 tablespoons Simon's Secret Sauce (any flavor)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (or Simon's Secret Truffle Salt)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bread Crumb Topping
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Vegan Parmesan (or traditional parmesan)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
Slice the squash into ¼-inch rounds. If the squash is large, slice the rounds into half-moons.
Make the herb oil: In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the Simon's Secret Sauce (any flavor), lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt (or truffle salt), and pepper and shake to combine.
Make the topping: In a small bowl, combine the panko, Vegan Parmesan (or traditional Parmesan), parsley, salt, several grinds of pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes, if desired.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a few drizzles of olive oil. Add the squash and sauté for about 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so that all sides get cooked. I like to cook mine until it’s soft, yet still has a firm bite, but before it becomes too watery and mushy. Remove from the skillet and toss with the herb oil. Top with the panko mixture, and fresh herbs, if desired.