- 4 Pounds Stone Crab Claws
- 1/2 Cup Simon's Secret Sauce (Any Flavor)
DirectionsFOR STONE CRABS:
- Most fish mongers will crack stone crabs for you if you ask them. It's fine to do that if you're going to be eating the crabs the same day. If you're going to wait for a day or two, it's best to crack them yourself to maintain their freshness.
- Hold a dishtowel in your non dominant hand. Place a crab claw in the dish towel and using the back of a heavy metal spoon, whack the claw in several places to crack the shell.
- You want to make sure you've cracked it in enough spots that you'll be able to get the meat out, while simultaneously being careful not to crush the shell and send small shards into the meat.
- Transfer the cracked claws to a platter and scatter with lemon wedges. Serve with Simon's Secret Sauce (any flavor) on the side.